HungerGamesMovie.org reader Haley, has provided us with some more filming details of the Hunger Games in Shelby. She also states that things seem to be wrapping up there.
Here is what she reported -
- They have the crane ready to go for the scene of the train car that they had built.
- Filming of the Reaping has finished as the street is no longer lined with buses or motor coaches.
- When filming is finished, they are leaving the sets up in case they require re-shoots. The sets will remain to be guarded.
A reader from DownWithTheCapitol.net had also provided them with some pretty awesome exclusive details as well -
- A majority of all filming in Shelby has been at the P&M Warehouse. In the actual warehouse, behind it, and within outdoor areas at the warehouse complex the Hall of Justice, The Hob, exterior store fronts for District 12, the train station, and other District 12 areas have been constructed. Some office space in Shelby has also been used for interior shots (for Katniss’s meetings with family and friends following The Reaping, prior to her departure from District 12).
- The entire Hob was outfitted and dressed with items from around Cleveland County. Set designers scoured local antique shops and thrift stores, buying items for the various Hob vendors from local shops
- Tomorrow and Saturday will feature filming of Katniss returning to District 12 following The Hunger Games as well as more District 12 action and exterior shots.
- They have actually constructed a Capitol hovercraft and it will be filmed tomorrow. It will be lifted with a crane and used for filming.
This is all incredibly exciting news! It really feel as though things are moving so fast!